Thursday, August 16, 2012

A good and bad week

This has been a good week and a bad week.  My bladder and my lower back as well as my stomach have been on a rampage.   I did get to go on an outing Monday, and I didn't tell them my bladder hurt.  I had a great time shopping at Target and spent a lot of my gift cards.  All but $11 was spent from the gift cards I had been hoarding the last two years.

My good friend Paul, the rock 'n' roller, died from a massive stroke Sunday.  That was the bad part.  He was only 43.  We are trying to get together a memorial service here at the nursing facility for him.  Paul had been here a long time - before I came here, and he had a lot of good friends here.  We would like to have a service in order to have closure.  I will always have great memories of him waking me at 7:00 a.m. with rock & roll blaring from his stereo.

Next week all the gift cards I have been hoarding from Walmart will be spent.  There is an trip to Walmart planned, and I have finally been medically cleared to go on outings.

Love always, Darci

No comments:

Post a Comment