Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Here We Go Again!!

Woke up Thursday morning with severe pain in my breast. I went exploring to see what it was and discovered a large lump about the size of a large marble in my right breast! I was pretty freaked out considering my family history of cancer as well as my own!!! My nurse practitioner didn't show up until the following afternoon, so had to wait until Monday to make appointment. I got an appointment for Tuesday morning, but when I got up there, they were expecting me to be able to stand. That's the only way they had to do the mammogram, so they did an ultrasound instead. They discovered I have a really nasty infection in the breast tissue. I was told that this type of infection usually happens in the legs and that they had never seen it in the breast before. You know me - I like to stump the medical profession! I have to take IV antibiotics for two weeks, so the nurse came in last night and put a midline in my left arm so they don't have to keep poking me when it's medicine time. Thank goodness it wasn't something worse, but this is literally a royal pain! I'm curious, what does a disabled woman do for a mammogram???? Surely they have come across this situation before! It's something I need to have, but I have no idea where to go and everyone here doesn't either!! I am really in too much pain to work up anything for this week. Hopefully will be back at it in time for something next Wednesday. Hope to see you then! Love, Darci

No comments:

Post a Comment