Friday, November 12, 2010

It has been an "interesting" couple of weeks. On Halloween evening, I was taken to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital from my nursing facility. Not exactly the plans I had for Halloween! I had a very low heart rate - 30- they tell me, and large abcesses on my face and leg. These had just come up that afternoon! I was in a great deal of pain. They put me on a couple of antibiotics and waited to decide whether to do surgery. The abcess on my leg broke of its own accord and was cleaned out and treated. They decided not to do surgery on my face as there were several small abcesses and they were afraid they might spread. The staff kept a close eye on me for the next 9 days.

I was transported back the nursing facility on Tuesday, November 9th. The abcesses on my face were down, but not cleared completely. They are still giving me a great deal of pain. I am still on antibiotics. I have not felt like writing much blog, but hope to be back in the swing of things next week.

I want to wish all the Veterans a Happy Veterans Day, and thank them for their service.

Until next time...
Love always, Darci

No comments:

Post a Comment