Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm back in the saddle again!!

Two weeks ago I went in the hospital and I woke up in the emergency room. I found out I had been in the emergency room because I had a temperature of 105. I was pretty out of it; when I woke up they put me in ICU for a couple of days and ran tests. All those darn tests!!! Always!! Always!! They found I had pneumonia and infection in the intestines called C-Dif. I also had a urinary tract infection. I was put on a midline so I could get the antibiotic shot into the midline. Also I had to take a liquid antibiotic, which tastes terrible. They had to give it to me as a liquid rather than a shot. Tasted really nasty; it went down easier with yogurt than applesauce. I was in the hospital for five days; after two days I was transferred to a regular room. After five days I was able to come back to North Mountain. My family and my Stephen Ministers had to come find me at the hospital. I would have had to stay longer at the hospital, but they advised me to come back to North Mountain because they have everything I need here. As soon as I got back from being in the hospital, I got really sick here at North Mountain. To the touch I was ice cold, but I was very sweaty. I called the doctor and he authorized medicine to fix me up. The next day after returning from the hospital, I started feeling better and then a couple of days after that I started feeling bad again. I had a very gassy tummy. I had nothing but air in my colostomy bag; then I had a lot of water coming into my bag!!! Don't have an much water in my bag this afternoon, so it must be clearing and they are giving me medicine for that. I hope I can eat pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving - I love pumpkin. What I really miss is my Grandma Spears chocolate pie with whipped cream on top. Not sure what our plans for Thanksgiving are, but they always bring me left-overs and I always get turkey. Hope I don't get anything weird for Thanksgiving like the year we got spaghetti for Easter. There was no meat just noodles and red sauce. I was hoping for ham.





I want to relate a cute story. My former roommate's father got married for the third time at age 84. The lady he married he had dated in high school but did not have a serious relationship. So he thought.... They got married the day before the new bride's 80th birthday. It was his third marriage, and it was her first!!! She waited for him for 65 years!!





Pray I continue to get better. And I will talk to you again next week.





Love Always, Darci and Skippy

No comments:

Post a Comment